Charlie Self

Default Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

Barry Burke responds:

Sounds like AT&T when I cancelled my cell phone account. They wouldn't give

me
what I wanted as a roaming area, so I dropped it. After I dropped it, they
offered what I wanted, but by that time I realized I had just gotten rid of

one
more electronic PITA that I had no real need for.

Keep in mind that cellular and landline phone companies, CATV, etc...
have definite costs associated with each subscriber, like feature
licenses, programming fees, cable, transmission, and switching
equipment maintenance, contracts with out of area providers, all
depending on the individual business.

Not my problem, though. They refused to change the area to one I needed--I
could roam throughout the PA, NY, OH, NE area, but before I got out of WV going
south it was 2 bucks a minute. Damned near everyone I'd want to call on a
mobile phone is in VA and south so I wanted to swap areas. No deal, according
to AT&T. I did not want to add areas, or even get extra area.

Their costs were the same after I dropped the account as before, so there's not
exactly a lot of problem that I can see with changing it before they ****ed me
off. They didn't. Now they don't get my $39.95 a month, period. Nor does anyone
else, of course, but what the hell.

Charlie Self
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance
like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html