Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default American Political Situation

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:51:15 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:54:47 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Off to Mayo in Rochester tomorrow for chemo for Mary. I don't pack a
pistol there. There is no posted prohibition at Mayo, but the mortal
threat at hand can't be neutralized with bullets. I'll walk the
skyways and subways while her IV drips, get my 3 miles done. She's
quite OK with that.

Do you at least keep a kubaton at hand when out wandering? They're
great close-to-combat defensive weapons.

Engaging in close hand-to-hand combat ain't on my dance card,
particularly at Mayo Clinic. Geez, I could get smacked with a
colostomy bag or something!

Egad, what a nightmare! Oh, and the kubaton was for use on the subway
and skyways to and from Mayo, mon.

--
Threee days before Tucson, Howard Dean explained that the
tea party movement is "the last gasp of the generation that

Let us hope that Dean is the last gasp of the generation
of liberals whose default position in any argument is to
indict opponents as racists. This McCarthyism of the left
-- devoid of intellectual content, unsupported by data --
is a mental tic, not an idea but a tactic for avoiding
engagement with ideas. It expresses limitless contempt for
the American people, who have reciprocated by reducing
liberalism to its current characteristics of electoral
weakness and bad sociology. --George Will 14 JAN 2011
Article titled "Tragedies often spark plenty of analysis"