Jim Giblin

Default Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

A corollary to monitoring for theft is the potential for fire. My shop is
in walled off section of a finished basement so, to me, fire is more of a
concern then theft. I understand that fire/smoke monitors work my measuring
the opacity of the air. I would expect these alarms would go off all the
time because of the saw dust floating in the air. Do they have special
monitors that can deal with the saw dust laden air?

"Upscale" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Just saw some pictures for a great new home workshop in abpw. It occurred

me that I haven't seen much discussion on people protecting their
investments in regards to theft.

How are you protecting your standalone shops (aside from your pit bull)

from
possible theft? How many have actually implemented an alarm system? Of
course some of this may depend on locale, but I'd be interested in hearing
comments.