Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Elmer's Ultimate Polyurethane Glue versus Ultimate Good-Performance Glue.

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:05:19 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

==Alternatively, what you use to glue a a broken white plastic (or
nylon?) gear to a metal shaft? The gear is in two pieces, and when I
put half of it in place, and rotate the shaft it's a tight fit between
it and each of the gears it mates with.

It's time for a new gear.

http://www.sdp-si.com/estore/CoverPg/Gears.htm

Wow, I had no idea there would be such an organized list of gears.

I'll see if I can find the one I need.

Just a few days ago, the gear on my 12v tire pump broke also, and
maybe they have one for that too.

I later got another pump for free somewhere, but now that I need it,
it's not where it used to be. Still, knowing I have it means I don't
want to buy a third pump.

Maybe I can find both gears. The pump worked wquite well for at
least 10 years. The first thing I asked about, a computer printer, I
got broken and don't really need, although it's an all in one, very
light, the flatbed scanner definitely works well, and the software is
pretty darn good.** The printer has separate buttons for color copy,
b&w copy, scan to computer, scan to fax, and scan/insert in email. A
nice design. **Some of the software will probably work with any
scanner or printer.

I save gears from things that break, but I don't have either of
these.)