B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

On 28 Jan 2004 03:00:40 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Sounds like AT&T when I cancelled my cell phone account. They wouldn't give me
what I wanted as a roaming area, so I dropped it. After I dropped it, they
offered what I wanted, but by that time I realized I had just gotten rid of one
more electronic PITA that I had no real need for.

Keep in mind that cellular and landline phone companies, CATV, etc...
have definite costs associated with each subscriber, like feature
licenses, programming fees, cable, transmission, and switching
equipment maintenance, contracts with out of area providers, all
depending on the individual business.

My alarm system uses a circuit maintained by the phone company
connected to equipment that is out of warranty. G If I don't bring
an alarm in, which I very rarely do, I'm literally just a database
entry. The most expensive cost of doing business is probably mailing
the bill! Plus, I'll bet these guys actually make money on an out of
warranty service call.

Barry