Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS[_3_] BobS[_3_] is offline

Default Woah there, Top quality in Rockler stores!

"Leon" wrote in message
Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but
they will soon begin selling Laguna products. We won't have to wait
for a trade show or go to California to see the Laguna products. We
can add Rockler to the list of options.

It's been a number of years sine we've had a woodworking road show out
at the Fairgrounds here in Syracuse but Laguna was at the next to last
one and didn't show up at the last show. I was trying my best to buy a
bandsaw at the show and their two sales guy's were both complete and
totally arrogant asses - a real tag team. I doubt they made many sales
at the show and they left me with the impression that Laguana could
care less if they sold you a tool or not.

I purchased a Delta the following day from Woodworker's Warehouse when
they were still in business. Smaller than what I wanted but it has
worked for me reliably and done everything asked of it over the years.

From the sounds of the other posts, Laguana has not changed and I
really doubt Rockler will influence their corporate persona or make
their customer service any better. Yes, I do think Rockler will sell
more Laguana tools than Laguana's own sales staff. Like Lee Valley,
Rockler knows what it takes to make a sale and to keep you coming back
by providing excellent customer service. Hopefully, you will be able to
deal with Rockler for any service issues.

Bob S.