Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.misc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
John MacLeod John MacLeod is offline

Default Buying a new mattress and Ikea

On Jan 13, 10:49*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 13/01/2011 21:27, Andy Dingley wrote:

On Jan 13, 9:01 pm, John *wrote:

Do you recommend and suppliers of latex mattresses or for that matter
just the foam cut to size?

There are a couple, just Google - mine came from some bunch up in
Yorkshire. I've also used Foam For Comfort for chair squabs (I make
chairs). I think the stuff is made in 2" sheets, which are then glued
up thicker, so you can have hard/soft as you like. They sew you up a
zipped mattress cover, as otherwise the stuff would erode on the
corners. For chairs I just upholster over it.

Yup seen Foam for Comfort... shame they don't stick any prices on their
site these days.

Yes they do -- Dunlopillo Latex Mattress 78"x54"x6" medium firm,
£904.12. However I agree it's not very obvious -- there's a price
calculator which you can open from the bottom of the page. Works
fine.