Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.misc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
leevan leevan is offline

Default Buying a new mattress and Ikea

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:46:15 -0000, john brook wrote:

It was only a few years ago we bought an expensive Ikea sprung double
mattress and its now no longer flat but has hills and valleys. Also it so
heavy that its almost impossible for us to move about for spring cleaning.

We thought we would buy a foam mattress now. Ikea do a double one
200x140x10cm for £60. Is this a good price or could we perhaps buy a thicker
one elswhere for the same money? Also we are wondering if 10cm is a bit
thin, although we do prefer a firmer mattress and we use a mattress pad.

The question is whether to buy at Ikea or can we find a better deal
elswhere? Thanks.

Considering you spend around a third of your life on a mattress I would
suggest going for the best you can afford. £60 sounds far to cheap for long
lasting quality.
--
leevan's dickie birds
www.pbrentnall.co.uk