Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default American Political Situation

John R. Carroll wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
And if I had been, with all those people crowded around, I doubt
there would have been a clean shot...
A cop would just have grabbed him.
On what charge?
Being an asshole?

Well doggies...
How 'bout that?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...nt;cbsCarousel

(CBS/AP) TUCSON, Ariz. - The suspect in a deadly Arizona shooting ran a red
light and was stopped by a wildlife officer less than three hours before the
attack that wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed six others.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department says an officer stopped Jared Loughner at
about 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

The officer took Loughner's driver's license and vehicle registration
information. Dispatchers checked the information and found no outstanding
warrants on Loughner or his vehicle. He was given a verbal warning and released.

Though the timeline is not clear, police say Loughner also had an altercation
with his father and fled into the desert that morning.

The sheriff's deputies who swarmed the Loughners' house removed what they
describe as evidence Jared Loughner was targeting Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who
doctors said Tuesday was breathing on her own for the first time after taking a
bullet to the forehead. Among the handwritten notes was one with the words "Die,
bitch," which authorities told The Associated Press they believe was a reference
to Giffords.