Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can one breathe industrial oxygen

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:29:07 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:16:22 -0800, Rich Grise
Pete C. wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Pete C. wrote:

This a a notable risk, particularly if you plan to be breathing this
pure O2 in proximity to a running engine. A safer option would be to
breath air from your compressor via a proper filter. Such filters are
available commercially to provide breathing air from shop air. I
expect Iggy can find one used for $25.

Or you could probably get an aquarium pump for about ten bucks. ;-)

An aquarium pump isn't likely to supply sufficient volume.

OK, fair enough. What do I know anyway? ;-)

That depends on the aquarium. I've seen giant tanks whose air pumps
would blow your lungs out in a split second. (Try sucking down 350CFM
@40psi from a 5hp blower, Pete.)

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategor...-by-Swee****er

Oh, of course, but you probably couldn't pick one up for ten bucks at the
pet store! ;-)

Details, details...

--
The United States of America is the greatest, the
noblest and, in its original founding principles,