Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default American Political Situation

CaveLamb wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

I don't carry often, but I don't feel silly when I do. As an old man,
I feel safer with a popper in me pocket. It may be an illusion, but
it's a comforting illusion. We old farts like such comforts as we can
find. I have no illusion that I'm not an old fart, albeit marksman.

I'm no gunslinger. My carry is a pocket pistol in a pocket holster.
It takes me a small fraction of a week to draw my pistol from pocket,
so I pay attention to what's happenin' around me. I won't win any
quickdraw contests but I'm not a soldier, LEO or gunslinger. Payin'
attention is my primary defense. I'll avoid what I can, have me
pistol in hand for what I can't avoid. I do not expect to ever shoot
anyone and fervently hope that I'll never have to. I'm a vet, been
there and done that.

I'll never win any bullseye competitions with my nearly 70-year-old
eyes, but I do OK with doubletaps and Mozambique drills at 21 feet.
The silhouette targets I shoot wouldn't be drawing social security.

Sir!

I'm not far behind you. I'll be 61 in April.

I took my girlfriend out to the local range last week (Red River Firearms)
(just before all this happened).
For a California girl, never having had a hand weapon in hand before, I think
she did ok. She was slow, granted, but cut paper every time.
And she enjoyed it. (oh baby!)

I only got to shoot two or three times (out of 100 rounds).
My (VA!) glasses couldn't make out the rings, so I shot blind.

My last was ok. Six rounds, nine seconds, all black - 15 feet.
(That with my Bersa Thunder .380)

I'm not Gunner. I'm not looking for trouble.
I pay attention to what's going on around me - and I'll leave if need be.

I just don't want to be a victim if I can help it...

And I don't want to see my loved ones hurt - if I can help it.

And that is the proper attitude.

Teflon coated.