Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default American Political Situation

John R. Carroll wrote:

Hang with me for a moment, John?

Yeah, I read that.
Then he straightened up long enough at the second Walmart.

He learned something and applied the lesson.

That's the scariest part. He had something he wanted to do and
realized, if even for a few minutes, that he was losing it.

So they call the cops on him.
But he hasn't done anything (YET you may say).

Doesn't matter.

It DOES matter. When the cops show up it's kinda like a cold shot
of water in the face. OOPS! Yes sir, No Sir, three bags full, Sir.
ANYbody will straighten up for them.

They can put a pshyc hold on him and send him off for evaluation.

At that point, this guy might well have had his weapon(s) confiscated
permanently under existing Federal law and not been elgible to purchase
again.
Not legally anyway and he would be in the system.

And that means what to HIM?

NADA!

Or maybe - Hurry!

Face it, guys, there is no simple solution here.

I've never said there was.
Failing to honestly face a problem, however, is the surest way to avoid
"solving" anything.

Although I see some of us promoting our pet agendas.
Just like the politico crowd.
(not you John )

Were I too actually have a real agenda, it would be to find a way to get
people to quit focussing on the meaningless at the expense of the critical.
Neither facts or recitations of history seem to matter much.

I'd join that party.
But first you have to get the major politicians to throttle back.
AND the news media.
(Or maybe the other way around?)

I think all of the pee party posturing with weapons and threats is
completely irresponsible at best and possibly actionable in many instances.
What they, along with the right wing noise machine have ginned up lends
legitamacy to the notion that American citizens have a responsibility to
resolve governance issues with guns and violence if what happens at the
ballot box doesn't suit them. They do this while wrapping themselves in the
American flag.

You have seen it right here in this news group ar first hand. Gunner and
several others are particularly blood thirsty and brazen.
Anyone that can Kackle with joy in anticipation of dead American's rotting
from a noose hung from a lamp post probably hasn't seen a corpse, rotting or
otherwise and in any event is quite litterally insane.
The delusion that this would be the result a "popular" uprising is just an
insane delusion. The belief that America's uniformed military would support
or encourage this sort of thing is sick and demonstrates beyond question the
lack of respect and or understanding some people have for the integrity of
our Armed forces, the American populace and America's Constitutionally
established institutions.

This guy was psychotic.

He was. I wouldn't argue that for a minute and haven't heard a single person
try. Have you?
He was also immersed in an environment that fed his insanity. That such was
created and flourishes is a lot more important that who d

Agreed.

id what or why.
There is no excuse or reason as far as I'm concerned.
Who is doing what and why is only relevant when you consider corrective
practice.

Anything for the safety of "the children"?
(With apologies to Christina Green)

Well, common sense would probably have prevented this completely.
A couple of uniformed officers on the scene would almost certainly have put
the guy off just by being there.
Had that not been the case, they would have spotted him early. He stood out
like a sore thumb.

I wasn't there. so I don't know how he looked.

And if I had been, with all those people crowded around, I doubt there would
have been a clean shot...

I'll tell you what his whole thing has done for me.
I've decided to get my a CHL.
(A significant change of heart here)
And have my S.O. qualify as well.

Because whatever the fallout of all of this will eventually be...

It WON'T corral the true crazies.

--

Richard Lamb
email me: