Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. D. Slocomb J. D. Slocomb is offline

Default Well, that took too long...

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:45:42 -0600, Sunworshipper
wrote:

Thanks for responding, but you don't understand. 93% of the truck is
powder dull factory paint and 7% clear coat shiny. The clear coat is
coming off from the top down at about 2" inches per year on only one
fender. If I could accelerate the clear coats demise, then I could rub
the whole truck down with ajax in the summer and then wax it. Then it
will be more acceptable looking to me.

SW

Had the same problem with a 40 ft. sailboat and luckily a professional
car painter had moored close by. He had a look at things and told me
that I could try with the real fine sandpaper and the buffing compound
and also told me that regardless of what I did that I would finally
bite the bullet and decide to re-paint.... So why nor just do it now
rather then spend time and money and then decide to do it anyway?
Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)