Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:31:44 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

I'll ask you this: Why is there so little regulation government
interference in the manufacturing of guns in the U.S.?

I have an idea about this but want to know from you.

My idea: Politicians don't want to step into that swamp of Quicksand.

They may have to get a real job if they even suggest such a notion :-/

Gun manufacturing IS heavily regulated. You must obtain a permit from the
federal government, keep copious records, permanently serialize each
product, be bonded, each employee must pass an FBI background check, and the
business as a whole must comply with hundreds, if not thousands, of
regulations and endure annual inspections by the BATF.

I follow you here. I'm pretty certain politicians would never jump on
board to take over and have control of gun manufacturers.

Like GM, Banks and other corporations. IMHO they are afraid of that
pesky 2nd Amendment.

I could be wrong.