Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Jan 11, 10:34*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm pleased to hear that some parts of the USA
are still relatively crime free. My town has a similar
situation, somewhat low crime.

I'm also not sure which of my neighbors own
guns. I hope all the sane and rational ones do,
and the *deranged do not. Sadly, it's likely
backwards of that.

However, the urban centers such as Wash DC
(the "crime capital" of USA) and NYC and Los
Angeles have strict gun *laws and high crime rates.

Which came first, the gun laws or the crime?
to me it doesn't matter. Loosen up the gun laws
and the crime goes down (So says Gary Kleck, who
researched this.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour"
wrote in ...

As far as guns bringing down the murder rate, I don't
think it's as simple as that. *There was one murder in
my hometown (population around 9,000) in something
like the past forty years. *The woman was shot by, of
course, her husband. *I now live one town over and I
can honestly say I don't know who the closest person
that owns a gun is. I wouldn't be surprised if it were
ten blocks away, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were
next door. *It's not an issue and not a concern. I'm far
more concerned about someone being killed with a
bottle and a car than a gun. *YMMV.

I AM SURE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THE DEFINITION OF CRIME AND GUN
VIOLENCE IS ON THE SAME SIDE OF MATTERS.
DEATH.
VIOLENCE BEGETS NOTHING, IT IS A CHARACTER WITH MANY DESCENDANTS BUT
NO HIERS.
IF YOU BREED IT, THAT IS A CHOICE, NO LAW WILL MAKE MEN SAFER IN ANY
STATE.
THE WORLD IS BIG IN DECIET, EARTH IS A PLACE OF CHOICES.
MOST PEOPLE CHOOSE LIFE.
PATECUM