Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/10/2011 3:48 PM mike spake thus:

On Jan 10, 2:47 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

It's so pitifully obvious that the "men" who need lethal weapons

Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for one
who is responsible for the lives of others.

I'm responsible not only defending my own life, but also the life of
my family. I cannot do that with a pointy stick.

I'm sure as you write that you feel all noble and manly and stuff, but
to me it just makes you sound like a caveman.

What are the police, chopped liver?

Giggle.

Whatever the police are - chopped liver or holes for donuts - the one thing
they are not is where the problem is.

When I went through the police academy, one instructor hammered the theme:
"The police seldom see the perpetrator, but they always see the victim."
Experience proved him correct.

Look at the aerial shots of the Gifford shooting.

The parking lot is chock-a-block full of police cars and ambulances. Every
one of them, EVERY SINGLE ONE, arrived after the damage had been done.