Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

willshak wrote in
m:

DGDevin wrote the following:

"bpuharic" wrote in message

Refer to Second Amendment of our Constitution.

written 200 years ago

So were the parts about freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the
right to a trial and so on. Do you figure all the Bill of Rights is
out of date?

Disclaimer: I'm not anti-gun (I have a CCW permit), but....
'Arms' are a little different than they were 224 years ago. At the time,
they only had single shot muzzle loading firearms.
The subject of the other freedoms have not changed as much.

Well,that means that today's modern "militia weapon" would be semi and
full-auto rifles like the military uses. After all,the requirement was that
militiamen appear for muster with weapons consistent with what the military
uses.

Don't bother bringing up the strawman of WMD,SAMs,etc.

BTW,WRT free press,we've evolved to radio,TV,Internet,that were not
imagined 224 years ago.they are still covered by the First.

Also,SCOTUS has ruled the Second is an INDIVIDUAL right,not dependent on
militia membership or service.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik