Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

DGDevin wrote the following:

"bpuharic" wrote in message

Refer to Second Amendment of our Constitution.

written 200 years ago

So were the parts about freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the
right to a trial and so on. Do you figure all the Bill of Rights is
out of date?

Disclaimer: I'm not anti-gun (I have a CCW permit), but....
'Arms' are a little different than they were 224 years ago. At the time,
they only had single shot muzzle loading firearms.
The subject of the other freedoms have not changed as much.

useless today, except for the carnage it causes

The Constitution contains a formula for amending it, so if you don't
like it as written, start a campaign to get it changed. In the
meantime it is the law, and you don't get to just ignore it the way
the Bush administration figured it could.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY