Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

" wrote in
:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:44:21 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 1/10/2011 3:48 PM mike spake thus:

On Jan 10, 2:47 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

It's so pitifully obvious that the "men" who need lethal weapons

Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for one
who is responsible for the lives of others.

I'm responsible not only defending my own life, but also the life of
my family. I cannot do that with a pointy stick.

I'm sure as you write that you feel all noble and manly and stuff, but
to me it just makes you sound like a caveman.

What are the police, chopped liver?

HOW long does it take police to arrive after you've called 911?
some folks have found out the hard way that police may not get there in
time to be of any good for you. They may not come AT ALL!
They may be busy elsewhere. In the LA riots,police REFUSED to enter the
riot zone.
People had to rely on their own firearms to defend themselves.

They are *NOT* required to save your life. Only you have that
responsibility. That a good thing because you're there, they aren't.

you cannot sue police for failing to protect you.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik