Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y
nev young nev young is offline

Default OT, more than likely...

On 10/01/11 21:08, geoff wrote:
In message , nev young
writes
On 10/01/11 01:45, Steve Firth wrote:

Christ, is anyone still with demon, other than complete newbies like
you?]

yes. I'm still with demon^Wthus^Wcluelessandwitless.

For the binary newsgroups?

No. Don't get newsgropes from eDmon. Not in my contract with them.
Wouldn't want binarys anyhow.

Can't think of any other reason. They ****ed up once too often (charged
me my annual fee three months on the trot) for me, left them a couple of
years ago

I left em when I went broadbean in about 2003/4 but came back when the
isp went titsup. So apart from a break of about 6 months I've been with
eDmon for about 15 years.

They haven't hurt me (yet) so I'm willing to stay. Although when C&W
took them over I did seriously look around as things went wobbly for a
while as they changed me to adsl2 then adsl+2 without notice, but it's
all been quite stable for some time. I had an outage, due to a copper
theft, of a couple of days last year but that's not really their fault.

--
nev