Ace

Default Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

I have just built a new home with a large basement where I have my shop. I
had an alarm system installed and have magnetic detectors on my basement
windows in addition to an alarm on my sump pump. I also have a motion
detector upstairs in addition to the doors and windows covered and a radio
control unit incase the power goes out. The system cost $1800 installed and
a $22.50 monitoring fee per month.

"Upscale" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Just saw some pictures for a great new home workshop in abpw. It occurred

me that I haven't seen much discussion on people protecting their
investments in regards to theft.

How are you protecting your standalone shops (aside from your pit bull)

from
possible theft? How many have actually implemented an alarm system? Of
course some of this may depend on locale, but I'd be interested in hearing
comments.