Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Well, that took too long...

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Dear Tim,
My similiar experience, I can relate. The steering pump
on my 1989 Blazer went. I got one from a junk yard. Find out
that it's necessary to extract the pulley to get the old
out, new on. Of course, it's winter time and snow on the
ground. I did manage the pulley exchange, using a $30 puller
from Advance Auto Parts and Battery. I'm sure I've still got
the puller, but no clue where it is.

The next time you need some special tool you don't have to buy it.
Advance and Auto-Zone both have tool rental programs now.
You basically go in, they get the tool off the shelf in the back,
open it to make sure it's all there

Then they charge you the price of the tool. When you return the tool in
the same shape as you picked it up they return your money.
Comes in handy for those oddball tools you might need once in 10 years.

--
Steve W.