Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazon Heads Up

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 14:24:27 -0600, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/resea...s/pdf/0097.pdf
Table shows all cigarette tax rates in effect now. Since 2002,
47 states,DC, and several U.S. territories have increased their
cigarette tax ratesmore than 100 times. The three states in
bold type have not increased theircigarette tax since 1999 or
earlier. Currently, 29 states, DC, Puerto Rico,the Northern
Marianas, and Guam have cigarette tax rates of $1.00 per pack
or higher; 14 states, DC, and Guam have cigarette tax rates of
$2.00 perpack or higher;

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/repor...php?StateID=OR
Hmm, the toll seems higher in my little state. $1.1B per year in
healthcare, $1.13B in lost productivity, etc. Inflated figures?
Probably, as they have an agenda.

The costs are staggering, aren't they? I'm sure glad I quit. I could
buy a carton of cigs back then for half the price of today's taxes.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope
of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take
the last step into a thousand years of darkness.?
-- Ronald Reagan