Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Well, that took too long...

On Jan 8, 10:46*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
On 01/08/2011 05:59 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:

Just to show that real metalworking discussion happens on this group,
I'm happy to report that I took a pulley off a power steering pump today
-- after much too much time.

Problem:

Swap-meet pump has brackets that don't fit, and a stud that some @#$%

-- drivel snipped --

seats, and the radiator from god only knows what, was obviously
convinced that he was a mechanical genius. I'm not so sure of that.

Update: the pump is in, with only low comedy for 'incidents'.

I got it on, took the old front pulley off the engine, then grabbed the
nearest front pulley I had -- damn, it don't fit that there harmonic
balancer thingie. *Nor did the other two floating around on the surface..
* Damn, damn, and furthermore -- crap. *I was just about to start
cutting metal on something when I saw the _other_ thing I yanked of my
brother's parts engine -- the front pulley that's right for the engine.
* Yay! *I'm saved!

Now I just need a belt and hoses, and I'll have power steering.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Serviceshttp://www.wescottdesign.com

See details athttp://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html

Tim, maybe I missed it in this long thread. Don't you also need a
power steering "gear box" or a ps "rack & pinion"? You already had
that installed, or the car came with it?

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary