Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Default OT, more than likely...

Sunny Bard wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

It seems that that about a grand a square metre is the norm,

Certainly that's a number I've heard bandied around before.

so thirty should cover
the build for a small bungalow replacement

Wouldn't e.g. 6mx5m be a tad on the small side? The 'Acacia' is the
smallest two bed bungalow on that ScotBuild site and it's 65m^2

http://www.scotframe.co.uk/web/site/SelfBuild/HomesPortfolio/Bungalows/Acacia.asp

That's the sort of thing. Maybe about 40 square metres though, for a one
bedroom place, which is all I need. Then again, one bedroom bungalows
are hard`to sell. 15K for the frame delivered to site is good. One site
I've got in mind is 30K, and the planning drawing shows something about
that size.

I looked at a one bed semidetached bungalow a while back which was only
48K, but needed rebuilding from the foundations up, as the slab had
split across the middle.

Certainly cheap enough to look seriously at the possibilities.

Have fun thinking about it ...

I will...

--
Tciao for Now!