Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default remote control keypad conductivity repair

Phil Allison wrote:

"Thomas Williams"

For remote controls that have been properly cleaned out and still
don't work like new, I understand some conductive material needs to be
coated onto the circuit board contacts on the inside of the pad
buttons. Reviewing web discussions of this I wonder if a good approach
may be to mix graphite in silicone glue and lightly coat the surface
of the pad's underside. Anyone tried this or have a thought on it?

** Think the graphite might simply dissolve in the silicone adhesive and the
surface remain non conducting.

Conductive glues are rare animals for this reason.

Why don't YOU try it ??

.... Phil

http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Remote-Control