Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Batteries and chargers

In message , Mark
writes
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:30:50 -0000, "AlanD"
wrote:

I know that charging stands (with special battery packs) are
available, but since the documentation specifically cautions
against in-situ charging, I am unsure if these would invalidate
the warranty. There certainly seem to be some tales of woe
amongst product reviews.

I have a cheapo charging stand for the kids Wii - the original controller
battery cover is replaced with the supplied battery pack with contacts on
the back if it's cover. Charges when placed in the stand. Has been in daily
use for over a year with now issues.

Personally I'd avoid a cheap charger as they can overcharge batteries
and even "smart" chargers often charge batteries as a set. I use a
Maha fast charger, which is very good, albeit expensive.

I do have a decent charger (ansmann), but also have one of the Wii
charging stands - was given to us as a gift about a year ago. It's
worked fine. It probably isn't an especially smart charger, I don't
know. But shrug it's just a few sets of AAA batteries, they'll
probably still last for years.

It wasn't great shakes to change the batteries, but it is more
convenient, and does give us somewhere to put the remotes rather than
just ahving them lying about
--
Chris French