Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rain Barrel Filled with Ground Water?

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:49:21 -0600, "HeyBub"

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:07:13 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Don't know about where you are, but MOST of the black crap in my eaves
troughs is composted vegetation - leaves and such that come off the
nearby trees. The rest of what is in the trough is the loose grit from
the shingles - but that's not black.

Ah, but you may live in a hideaway, back in the forest, at the dead end of a
gravel road.

Those of us in urban settings have to confront all manner of muck.

Definitely not a "hideaway". corner lot on the bus-route in the middle
of suburbia.But on a windy day we might still be getting wind-born
dust off the farmer's fields a few miles away.

In fact the Vatican (and the city of Rome) have roaming pressure-washer
crews (pardon the pun) that blow the caked-on mung from precious works of
art.

Imagine the victory statue of Marcus Aurelius, astride his mighty steed,
celebrating his victory over the Gauls.

Now imagine the largest flock of pigeons possible...