Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_2_] Tony Bryer[_2_] is offline

Default Batteries and chargers

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:56:47 +0000 Bernard Peek wrote :
There's an exemption from VAT for goods worth less than about £18
so they sometimes split orders into multiple small shipments. When
I've used them I've had reasonably prompt delivery. I allow allow
an extra day for the ferry to get across the channel.

Here the exemption from GST (sales tax) is AS1000, about £650. One of
our prominent retailers has just led a campaign against this, as being
unfair to local retailers. This backfired spectacularly with newspaper
reports telling everyone they could save 40% buying online

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/bil...105-19fi3.html

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com