Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default How much is a 240cf inert gas tank worth

Ned Simmons wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:55:46 -0600, Ignoramus30509
wrote:

thanks

I don't have a direct answer, but I pay around $100 for a 5 year lease
on a T (330 CF) argon bottle. I'd think twice about paying more than
that for an owner bottle, and can't imagine paying as much as the
lease costs over 10 years, especially considering the added
convenience of the leased tank.

What convenience is there with a leased cylinder over an owned cylinder?
With an owned cylinder you get the convenience of exchanging for a full
one and not dealing with hydrotesting, but you don't have a lease
payment.