Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How much is a 240cf inert gas tank worth

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:55:46 -0600, Ignoramus30509
wrote:

thanks

I don't have a direct answer, but I pay around $100 for a 5 year lease
on a T (330 CF) argon bottle. I'd think twice about paying more than
that for an owner bottle, and can't imagine paying as much as the
lease costs over 10 years, especially considering the added
convenience of the leased tank.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

thanks

I don't have a direct answer, but I pay around $100 for a 5 year lease
on a T (330 CF) argon bottle. I'd think twice about paying more than
that for an owner bottle, and can't imagine paying as much as the
lease costs over 10 years, especially considering the added
convenience of the leased tank.

What convenience is there with a leased cylinder over an owned cylinder?
With an owned cylinder you get the convenience of exchanging for a full
one and not dealing with hydrotesting, but you don't have a lease
payment.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

thanks

I don't have a direct answer, but I pay around $100 for a 5 year lease
on a T (330 CF) argon bottle. I'd think twice about paying more than
that for an owner bottle, and can't imagine paying as much as the
lease costs over 10 years, especially considering the added
convenience of the leased tank.

What convenience is there with a leased cylinder over an owned cylinder?
With an owned cylinder you get the convenience of exchanging for a full
one and not dealing with hydrotesting, but you don't have a lease
payment.

Owned cylinder is a far better convenience. I have a leased tank, that
I will return back (to get my deposit back) as soon as I run out of
argon, and will use owner tanks only, taking them to my praxair.
Praxair takes almost tanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:35:40 -0600, Ignoramus29524

wrote:

thanks

I don't have a direct answer, but I pay around $100 for a 5 year lease
on a T (330 CF) argon bottle. I'd think twice about paying more than
that for an owner bottle, and can't imagine paying as much as the
lease costs over 10 years, especially considering the added
convenience of the leased tank.

What convenience is there with a leased cylinder over an owned cylinder?
With an owned cylinder you get the convenience of exchanging for a full
one and not dealing with hydrotesting, but you don't have a lease
payment.

Owned cylinder is a far better convenience. I have a leased tank, that
I will return back (to get my deposit back) as soon as I run out of
argon, and will use owner tanks only, taking them to my praxair.
Praxair takes almost tanks.

It depends on the dealer and the size of the tanks. The dealers around
here will only exchange specific sizes of small owner tanks. If your
tank is not one of those sizes, they'll take it, ship it off for
refill, and return it to you. When you figure in the savings on gas in
large bottles, owned tanks don't make much sense unless you get them
very cheaply, at least around here.

Oh, and no deposit on leased tanks as long as you have an account,
just the lease charge. And if you have a lease on one bottle, some
dealers will let you have extras on a month-by-month basis if you have
a short term need.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And Praxair charged me Hasmat for my O2 tank I had leased -
then when I filled it - taxed me again. Double hasmat charge
in 1 month. Refused to refund either.

Martin