Posted to uk.d-i-y
John MacLeod John MacLeod is offline

Default Batteries and chargers

On Jan 4, 7:04*pm, "JoeJoe" wrote:
"Toby" wrote in message

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
There is now a Wii in the house, so I need to get my act together
to keep its various bits supplied with power.

Is this about the best bet for rechargeable AA batteries?
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products...

I would recommend you get some of the hybrid NIMH batteries (Enloop are
Sanyo's brand), as they have a far, far lower self discharge rate, so when
you don't use the Wii for a few months, they will still be good to go, and
not flat.

Maplin sell them (at price!) I expect a similar version is available
cheaper
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219932

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=107341

The latter is a good company to deal with and don't charge VAT. A
bit slow with dispatch, perhaps, but reliable. And you can always go
them through Quidco or Topcash and get it a bit cheaper.

John