Ron

Default Beaver 6200 9" contractor ts - tehcnical questions

The flange on my arbor can only move back and fourth on the shaft with
extremely hard blows with a hammer.
Once the bearing is against the C clip and the flange against the bearing
there should be no play at all.

"The Good Bohemian" wrote in message
In article , Ron
wrote:

Hi The Good Bohemian
I also have an old Rockwell Beaver saw,mine is a 10" model 34050.
The bearing on the pulley side of the arbor let go and spun on the shaft
and ruined it.I called delta and ordered the arbour assy..They had one

in
stock and were only $68 can.
If your saw has the same arbour as marked on this web site
http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/6201.htm it is the same as
mine, so you could order one if you want.
As far as the blade guard I will post a picture of mine in abpw to

show
you
how it is made.
PS
There is a C clip on the inside of the blade side bearing.

Thanks Ron! About that c clip on the inside of the blade-side
bearing... I did find this and was able to remove it intact. I am
still skeptical as to how the washer is supposed to stay a 90d
alignment against the arbor flange when the flange is free to move.
Does this make sense? I think I will order the arbor assy if the re&re
of the bearings doesn't do the trick. This saw was easier to take
apart than I had originallt imagined...

I will go check out your pics... thanks again...

Andrew.