Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30509 Ignoramus30509 is offline

Default More on manuals

I have a personal collection of PDF manuals, where I only collected
692 PDF files. This is only the stuff that I needed at various points.
Not anything downloaded en masse.

Anyway, it has been open to anyone and to search engines since day
one. I looked at access counts just for one day of yesterday, and found
out that there were 1,038 downloads of those files in one day, and
that was ONLY counting direct downloads referred by google search pages.

So, 692 files == 1,038 downloads per day.

I would think that if I had, say, 10,000 manuals, it would be perhaps
10k downloads per day. Every download, pretty much, is a CDROM seller
who is not getting paid.