Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:46:25 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:14:40 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

... Our water has "clear water iron"`...

Ditto here. I'm still wondering if it's cost effective to remove. How
are you doing it? ...

Our water softener takes it out. We need the softener for minerals in
the water, but I think a softener would be worth it just for the iron -
it does stain a lot without it. Even when clothes are washed they can
get iron stains if the water isn't treated.

I vascillate between carbon filters and spun thread, but both take
enough out to keep my whites white. (luckily)

What type of softener are you using, does it add sodium or other
minerals to the water, price, value, effectiveness, etc?

Danke in advance for the answers.

I think it's time to repipe, too, because I can drink the water out of
the tap without a problem if it's cold, but turn on the hot (new water
heater 3 years ago) and it comes out stinky and metallic tasting every
time. It's not a hydrogen sulfide smell, either. Smell is most
noticeable in the most used bathroom, both sink and tub/shower. Taste
has pretty much the same ickyness from any hot water faucet in the
house.

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one