Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default What's the heaviest duty kitchen grease cleaner?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:18:16 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson

On 2011-01-04, bob wrote:

I'm trying to clean the grease off the range hood. Even using a "pro 409
degreaser" (main ingredient is 2-butoxyethanol), the dried and sticky grease
still isn't coming off easily.

Is there an even heavier duty grease cleaner?

Wow! Â*409 is the monster of degreasers, IMO. Â*If the grease is so old
and dried, etc, move up to Easy Off oven cleaner. Â*Make sure there is
no exposed alum, as EO will etch it away. Â*For ss and enameled
surfaces, it will do the trick. Â*If not, buy new hood or call in a
sandblaster! Â*

nb Â*

I luse Greased Lightning.

Never tackled a range hood, but first thing that came to mind was Goop
or Go-Jo, which I use to clean my hands of all sorts or automotive
grease.
But maybe it won't work on dried vegatable/meat oils.

--Vic