Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Canon A420 camera

Geo wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:28:03 +0000, lid
(Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

"Adrian Tuddenham"

** The advice for your problem is that the shutter is stuck open
causing over exposure on bright subjects.

That seems to be the most likely cause. I have found a firm that will
repair it (with a guarantee) for £72, so that is my least-bad option.

Have you looked at the price and spec of a Canon replacement? e.g:-
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...tal_Camera/Pow
erShot/PowerShot_A495/

That does look pretty good as long as I can get the pictures out of it.

It says it will take SD cards, so my external reader might work with it.
(I seem to remember some memory card size limitation on either the
reader or the camera, can't remember which.)

-- ~ Adrian Tuddenham ~ (Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to
reply) www.poppyrecords.co.uk