Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

On Jan 4, 3:53*pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
Did you read my suggestion about consolidating the devices? That is the
most viable way to limit space and weight, and will generally give you a
more reliable industrial power supply to replace a myriad of consumer
wall warts and line lumps. You could easily package such a consolidated
power package into a mid sized Pelican case and that power supply could
be equipped with the native 240V plug properly. Putting such a package
together should cost ~$200-$250 including the case.

It's an excellent idea and one I have in my "to do" file... *but time is of
the essence right now (leaving very soon!) and the finances are tight as we
are bringing enough educational materials for a week's worth of "classes"
for around 200 kids. *That and a small construction project will make our
luggage a "pick and choose what is most important" issue already.

...But I plan on doing something like that and shipping it in the next
overseas container.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

One VERY IMPORTANT point: If you do use a 120V power strip to
distribute 240V, make sure you label it loud and clear. Big red
letters. You wouldn't want to make the mistake of plugging a 120V
device into 240V.