Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the heaviest duty kitchen grease cleaner?

On 1/4/2011 4:49 PM spake thus:

On 1/4/2011 4:15 PM, bob wrote:

I'm trying to clean the grease off the range hood. Even using a
"pro 409 degreaser" (main ingredient is 2-butoxyethanol), the dried
and sticky grease still isn't coming off easily.

Is there an even heavier duty grease cleaner?

Fantastic and mineral spirits (NOT MIXED) work well, and the m.s.
probably is less damaging especially to painted surfaces or glass. A
razor blade scraper for really heavy gunk - toothpicks or wood skewers
work nicely for the built-up stuff in edges and corners.

Ugh: all good, except for ixnay on the razor blade scraper. Why should
you have to scrape grease? It won't be hardened like it will on a range
top; after softening with solvent (mineral spirits, etc.), you should be
able to just wipe it off.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.