Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Narrow, heavy duty metal brake

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:30:22 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:15:03 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:

Its funny. Now if I want a small metal box I am just as likely to
throw
a block on the mini mill and cut one out of a single piece. ...

So, that would be, what, 99% waste? G You must have a cheap source
for
stock.

Bob

Not even. Just an obsessive desire to do some things. LOL.

"If you have a mill, everything looks like billet.", eh?

Yup! Aluminum plate, steel, MDF, titanium, cast iron, even that broken vise
sitting in the corner that you hate to throw away.

Actually titanium "screwless" vises are on my short to do list. In order to
get size, strength, and light weight for the mini machines.

Hey, I'll trade you a threaded 3" steel sine toolmaker's vise for a
2.5" titanium screwless.

OK, This thread is officially hijacked. LOL.

You betcha.

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one