Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Canon A420 camera

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
A friend has recently bought a card reader to use with her Sony camera
on Mac OS 8.6 and discovered theat it won't work because they now put
the reader software in the computer, not in the reader and ...guess
what... the card software won't run on OS 8.6 !

This may be of interest to you:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1238?viewlocale=en_US

It was the last USB update that will run on MacOS 8.6 and it states what will
and will not work.

Thanks, I have installed it on my machine and will send a copy to the
friend who was having trouble with the card reader. I suspect the
problem will still be that her card reader needs its own software in the
computer.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk