Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

Jon Anderson wrote:
On 1/4/2011 9:18 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

At the moment, it is an aid thing... www.LifeForGhana.com is our site if
it matters and I have links to all my personal photos on Facebook if
anyone wants to see them again. (posted them last year)

Take a look at the albums folks. Joe is involved in a really good thing
here. I think what shocked me most was the hospital's emergency room
kit. In many respects, I have far more first aid stuff here in my garage
than that ER has.

There was a couple pictures of a bicycle mechanic, caption stated
something to the effect that his biggest desire was a pair of visegrip
pliers. That one hit home. I boxed up a visegrip and a handful of other
assorted wrenches and bicycle specific tools and shipped them off to the
group that is sending supplies over, with a printed picture of this guy
and a request that he get the tools.

Really, these people are so poor, it takes next to nothing by our
standards to make a big difference in their lives. And they're not
looking for an ongoing handout, they just want a helping hand so they
can help themselves. A worthy cause.

FWIW, I'm a homeless bum, and I'm better off than most people in the world.
Every time I catch myself about to feel sorry for myself, I think of Haiti.

Isn't America pretty much the only country in the world that has obese poor
people?

Thanks,
Rich