Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:46:03 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
I suggest that you purchase a couple of 220/110 step-down transformers for
an additional level of line isolation safety protection, and then just use
ordinary 120VAC power strips.

Would love to do that... but we have a limited amount of time and space
left...

As you said, most stuff nowadays doesn't need voltage adaptors, just
plug adapters. Even (good) desktop PCs don't have switches any more,
which I would think is related to the power factor correction
functionality. One thing that can help consolidate is to bring an
AC-USB adapter with multiple ports, which can be used for charging
all sorts of devices such as cell phones and MP3 players.

Here's one that comes with the plug adapters and has 4 'outlets':

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-ACUSB4-...66384&sr =1-2

Really, all I'm looking for are a few "recepticle multipliers" so...

Worst case scenario is that we share the plugs creatively. It's super rural
Africa during the day, but european hostel-like at night so I'm guessing we
can find a way.

Hopefully that's the biggest problem you run into.