Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
I suggest that you purchase a couple of 220/110 step-down transformers for
an additional level of line isolation safety protection, and then just use
ordinary 120VAC power strips.

Would love to do that... but we have a limited amount of time and space
left...

Really, all I'm looking for are a few "recepticle multipliers" so...

Worst case scenario is that we share the plugs creatively. It's super rural
Africa during the day, but european hostel-like at night so I'm guessing we
can find a way.

Did you read my suggestion about consolidating the devices? That is the
most viable way to limit space and weight, and will generally give you a
more reliable industrial power supply to replace a myriad of consumer
wall warts and line lumps. You could easily package such a consolidated
power package into a mid sized Pelican case and that power supply could
be equipped with the native 240V plug properly. Putting such a package
together should cost ~$200-$250 including the case.