Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ronald Raygun Ronald Raygun is offline

Default Multi fuel wood burning stoves

Tim Watts wrote:

Ronald Raygun ) wibbled on Tuesday 04
January 2011 11:54:

geraldthehamster wrote:

Then there's the question of fuel - where do stove users on the list
get theirs from?

Local distributors.

Anthracite - DJ Davies of Wales, tonne at a time.

Phurnacite - Fergusson of Scotland, tonne

Both are shipped on a pallette of 40 x 25kg or 50 x 20kg bags and works
out rather less all in (50-70 quid) less than the "local" coal merchants.

Only downside is unloading a pallette but even I can do that in an hour
and bags are handy of you don't have a bunker - pile them up all over the
place whereever's out the way.

Fergusson *is* my local distributor. :-)

I do have a bunker, so get my phurnacite delivered in open 50kg sacks which
they empty into the bunker, and take the sacks away to re-use. It's not a
huge bunker so I can only take 300kg per delivery. At that quantity I'm
currently paying £417 per tonne.