Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Batteries and chargers

There is now a Wii in the house, so I need to get my act together
to keep its various bits supplied with power.

Is this about the best bet for rechargeable AA batteries?
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=108409

I know that charging stands (with special battery packs) are
available, but since the documentation specifically cautions
against in-situ charging, I am unsure if these would invalidate
the warranty. There certainly seem to be some tales of woe
amongst product reviews.

I notice that "conditioning" chargers such as
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217900&C=Froogle&U=217900&T=M odule
are available, at a price.

I can see that this might enable me to rehabilitate, or classify
as unrecoverable some of my existing battery collection.

Has anyone had a good experience with this, or something like it?
Alternatively is it simply a better economic solution to scrap
the old batteries, and stick with my existing charger?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.