Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default UPS battery life

On 01/03/2011 05:14 PM, Andrew Rossmann wrote:
In ,
says...

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 10:01:46 -0600, Andrew Rossmann
wrote:

I have a battery I bought for an APC UPS about 4 years ago. I bought 2,
and used one immediately.

Model number please? I'm curious.

The battery I'm trying to recover is a PowerSonic PS1270. The UPS I want
to put it in (the current battery lasted about 5 minutes) is a Back UPS
ES 725. I'm trying to use an unused ES 350 to charge it for now. It was
up to about 11.1V this morning. I may try the shake thing another poster
mentioned, as a last resort.

Problem is, I buy these things, but then completely forget about them
until I need them!! It's not too big of a deal, as it's just a
convenience to try and keep the Comcast DVR powered up as it can take a
day or two for the program guide to fully reload.

I zapped one of those batteries with a 110 volt welder at 40 amps and
brought it back to life for a short while by hooking it to the correct
poles like jump starting a car.