Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama: I think I'll get off my ass now...

Gunner Asch on Sun, 02 Jan 2011 10:31:17 -0800

As wrenching and catastrophic as it would be, IMNSHO the
least harmful "solution" now appears to be a refusal of the
"tea party" and other financially conservative legislators
to allow an increase in the national debt limit, projected
to be reached in mid April. This of course will result in
almost immediate governmental default and shutdown, but as
this now appears inevitable, the sooner this occurs the less
damage will be inflicted, and the more of their capital can
be salvaged, by the people, from the wreckage.

Bring on the Great Cull!!

Bring on the financial crisis, maybe we can avoid the Great Cull.

The question facing all governments, from the local town council
up to the Federal is: when are the cuts coming, and how much will they
be? (The answer is "soon" and "deep")
Programs are just going to have to go away. There are things
which the Government, especially at the Federal level, is doing
badly, which is should not be doing at all. Those things need to be
identified, and the programs phased out, the budget cut, and the taxes
repealed block granted back to the states.
I would rather go through a financial crisis, than have the civil
unrest of a Great Cull. I would really rather not have the financial
crisis put off to the point that it and the Great Cull occur
simultaneously.

On the other hand, I could go back to my Norkse heritage and our
cheery little pre-game chant. "We're going to loot, rob, pillage and
burn; gonna loot rob pillage and burn - rah, rah!"
Multiculturalism - some times .... I'm all in favour.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"Given our monstrous, overgrown government structure, any three letters