Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MOT Fail

On Jan 2, 11:43*pm, "Unbeliever" wrote:
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 14:40:01 -0800 (PST), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Jan 2, 9:02 pm, Roger Mills wrote:

As others have said, it's pretty certainly an earthing fault.

You can diagnose rear light cluster earthing faults quite easily -
look for a Ford or Renault badge. However they make them, they
haven't got reliable earths to the rear clusters.

It would probably be much better to use a wire "earth" return, rather
than rely on the chassis.

No experience with the Kagoo

What a surprise. Last van you had as a failed foreman was prolly a
Ford Thames.

but I presume that the rear light cluster has a
'buzz bar' type of common earth

Errrm no it doesn't. I described the earth in the OP but your are too
****ing stupid to have read it properly.

Dave TMH