Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama: I think I'll get off my ass now...

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
news
=========
You appear to be correct in your analysis.

One "solution" is what I call the "Seven days in May" option
where the military gets fed-up with being the whipping boy
and cleans out the Aegean stable, aided and abetted by the
irate civil service employees who have been cheated out of
their deferred wages, i.e. pensions, and who have been
blamed for doing what they were told when things went wrong,
quite likely with drumhead court-martials and summary
executions of those most accountable, e.g. starting with
Phil Gramm and Alan Greenspan.

Another possible endgame is continuation of business as
usual until no more money can be borrowed by the US
governments at any rate of interest, and all the trust
funds, bank accounts, insurance policies, privately owned
precious metals, foreign currency, etc. have been
commandeered by mandated "investment" in governmental
"securities," at which point a general collapse in not only
the financial/fiscal systems occur, but also a general
collapse of civil government at all levels.

As wrenching and catastrophic as it would be, IMNSHO the
least harmful "solution" now appears to be a refusal of the
"tea party" and other financially conservative legislators
to allow an increase in the national debt limit, projected
to be reached in mid April. This of course will result in
almost immediate governmental default and shutdown, but as
this now appears inevitable, the sooner this occurs the less
damage will be inflicted, and the more of their capital can
be salvaged, by the people, from the wreckage.

In any likely "resolution," both the Democratic and
Republican parties will be identified as criminal
organizations, on a par with the "Crips" and the "Bloods"
and totally new political groupings will hopefully emerge
that will implement Draconian regulation of the financial
services industry, prohibit governmental deficits, abolish
the FRB, replacing it with an accountable government
owned/controlled central bank, and implementing a tax code
that insures everyone pays their fair share of the cost of
operating government. Don't hold your breath.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

I can't ever imagine the military EVER being used against or turn against
citizens. I do believe it will be attempted but there is still just too
much integrity and honor among servicemen.

I believe you're correct about everyone being in the tax system, not only do
the rich have to pay more but EVERYONE has to have SOME skin in the game,
even the working poor need to pony-up. Can there be meaningful cuts in
spending with the sheer number of people addicted to social programs? These
programs HAVE to be ruthlessly cut. But politicians are notorious for
spending more than revenues. There should be strictly enforced balanced
budget laws and term limits.